Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io> on 2016/09/23 00:19:21 UTC

Is anyone out there still using a nrf52 Preview (stress on the word Preview!) Dev kit?

Hello:

The first dev kits produced by nordic which used the nrf52 were called Preview Development Kits. They have a PCA of 10036 on them (the large white label on the debugger chip contains the PCA). Just as an FYI:

PCA 10028: nrf51DK
PCA 10036: nrf52PDK *** Preview Dev Kit ***
PCA 10040: nrf52DK

The reason I am asking is that I think support for this development kit should be dropped. That version of the chip had many issues and keeping support for it seems to be a waste of time.

Do folks have any objections?

Re: Is anyone out there still using a nrf52 Preview (stress on the word Preview!) Dev kit?

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com>.
My vote would be to  remove it to push people to production parts and kits.