Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Chris Teoh <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/07 05:43:35 UTC

Hadoop.custom.tags and ozone tags in ozone-default.xml

Hey there,

Do these values have to match? Can they be easily added to without trouble?

Kind regards
Chris

Re: Hadoop.custom.tags and ozone tags in ozone-default.xml

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
 > Do they have to be the same

I think ozone.tags.system can be removed. It used only from a servlet
but the hadoop.tags.custom can be used instead.

 > and how easily extensible are these?

AFAIK you can use any kind of tags.

Marton

ps: The main goal to use tags is somehow structure the unlimited number
of configuration.

With the new style of configuration [1] we have an two additional
information about the new configuration keys:

  * The name of the config class
  * The name of the project which includes the config class.

These information is not yet saved to the generated XML but could be and
in that case we might have more option to structure the config.

[1]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Java-based+configuration+API

Posted by Chris Teoh <ch...@gmail.com>.
I was referring to these:-