Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dimuthu Chathuranga <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/12 09:31:40 UTC

[axis2]mapping convension from wsdl elememt names to c literal names

hi all,

Axis2/C code-generation requires a convention for mapping from wsdl element
names to c literal names. because according to axis2/c code convention the
function names, variables and types should be all simple and macros should
be all capital. (This is not effect to the qnames of the element).

So I suggest following convention:

1. isolated capital letters will be replaced by '_'(underscore) and
corresponding simple letter except for the first letter.

e.g: echoString -> echo_string

2. if there are capital letters in a sequence only the first will be
replaced. ( this is also except for the first letter).

e.g: echoSTRING -> echo_string

if there are conflicts occurring we can give a option to ignore the
conversion.

And I suggest function names of the generated code always prefix in
following way.
for stub:
axis2_stub_<service_name>

for skel:
axis2_skel_<service_name> &
axis2_svc_skel_<service_name>

here I m attaching generated stubs for the InteropTestRound1Doc.wsdl using
these convention..( the wsdls are in test/resources/wsdl in axis2/c svn)
regards
dimuthu

Re: [axis2]mapping convension from wsdl elememt names to c literal names

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dimuthu Chathuranga wrote:

> Java just check whether a name is a java keyword and change it
> accordingly.
>
> Anyway I changed the code not to convert by default and convert if
> only user give the option -cn (convert names).

+1. This is a better model.
Samisa...

Re: [axis2]mapping convension from wsdl elememt names to c literal names

Posted by Dimuthu Chathuranga <di...@gmail.com>.
Java just check whether a name is a java keyword and change it accordingly.

Anyway I changed the code not to convert by default and convert if only user
give the option -cn (convert names). the function to convert names can be
changed according to the language in the corrosponding emitter.
Thanks
dimuthu

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.