Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2008/10/02 20:41:03 UTC

Jar not in repository

I have another question.

What is best way in Maven to specify a dependency on a file system???
Without using the repositories???  Is there a way to do it?  Some of the
jars we need reside on ClearCase and we can't deploy them to the
repository.....

I'd appreciate your input!

Sonia

RE: Jar not in repository

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.
AfAIK, You don't need to write a custom wagon for a "non-standard"
layout, just an implementation of
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.layout.ArtifactRepositoryLayout
(and expose that as a plexus component). This is how the Maven 1 layout
is supported.

You would need a wagon if you needed to access the repository through a
transport that wasn't already supported by an existing wagon. Wagons and
layouts should be able to be mixed and matched at will.

And to be clear, it's not me looking to use ClearCase as a Maven
repository.

Justin

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Just a question to you and other maven's mavens :-) : isn't there a way to
expose some "non-standard" repository under the required hierarchy? I
thought I read something about being able to provide a specific
implementation for it.

In this case, maybe Justin could consider writing this "connector" for his
clearcase repository to be seen as a standard maven one. This would avoid
using system scopes, and avoid deployment duplication.

OK, after some research: the wagons. Wouldn't it be possible to writing
something like ClearCaseRepositoryWagon? Is there any caveat you might think
of?
http://maven.apache.org/wagon/

Cheers

2008/10/3 Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>

> Yes, that makes sense.  Okay, not a bug. :)  Just not very useful in this
> case.
>
> I don't think we ever heard from the OP why the jars can't go into a
> repository?  That they need to be stored in ClearCase doesn't mean
> they can't also be in a repository...
>
> --
> Wendy
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Edelson, Justin
> <Ju...@mtvstaff.com> wrote:
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-m
> > echanism.html implies this would be the case in that system scope is
> > similar to provided. This should probably be made more explicit.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: Jar not in repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.