Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2008/10/14 16:06:01 UTC

JIRA: project entry needed for sandbox

Any JIRA admins here?

There currently is no JIRA project defined for the myfaces sandbox. It
appears that people have simply been using TOMAHAWK to file bugs
against. But as recent releases has used a jira report as the "release
notes" this is causing confusion.

Can someone please create it? The name SANDBOX is already taken, so
perhaps "MF-SANDBOX" or similar could be used.

Perhaps we should file a jira issue to create the new project? :-)

Re: JIRA: project entry needed for sandbox

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Simon here, it is confusing to mix the tomahawk as it sandbox
as they are not the same thing in my opinion. If they were, they should be
released together... and the sandbox is not meant to be released. It is
confusing to see that "this issue is fixed" when it does not appear in a
released version. Is that or not using release notes as well, as I guess
having release notes on a component basis can be trickier?

Bruno

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Just a side note, we did not decide yet whether MyFaces commons will contain
a components' module or not. If yes then it will contains components that
does not have UI else the components will be promoted to Tomahawk.
I have a list of components (that have UI) that I will add soon to MyFaces
Tomahawk sandbox, and I think if they are promoted then the right place for
them will be Tomahawk.

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

[Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/

Re: JIRA: project entry needed for sandbox

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Manfred Geiler
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> But Sandbox IS a part of Tomahawk and not a single project, so I do
>>> not see the problem here.
>>> Sandbox issues SHOULD be filed using TOMAHAWK and - of course - the
>>> regarding component ("SubForm", "PPRPanelGroup", ...).
>>>
>>> -1 for a new Jira project(!)
>>
>> for tomahawk, right ?
>> +1 on that
>
> you mean +1 for my -1 ?
> Wow!
> :-)
>
> That's like:
>   "I am against being in favor"
> or:
>   "I am in favor of being against"
>
> Which is actually the same. Is it? Hmm. Very philosophical... :-)

I was just supporting your -1 :-)
Now we are nominated for the philosophic nobel price...   ? :-)

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: JIRA: project entry needed for sandbox

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> But Sandbox IS a part of Tomahawk and not a single project, so I do
>> not see the problem here.
>> Sandbox issues SHOULD be filed using TOMAHAWK and - of course - the
>> regarding component ("SubForm", "PPRPanelGroup", ...).
>>
>> -1 for a new Jira project(!)
>
> for tomahawk, right ?
> +1 on that

you mean +1 for my -1 ?
Wow!
:-)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> But Sandbox IS a part of Tomahawk and not a single project, so I do
> not see the problem here.
> Sandbox issues SHOULD be filed using TOMAHAWK and - of course - the
> regarding component ("SubForm", "PPRPanelGroup", ...).
>
> -1 for a new Jira project(!)

for tomahawk, right ?
+1 on that

myfaces-commons is missing.
Not sure if your -1 is also for not adding a commons project

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> This also demands a project site under
> >> "http://myfaces.apache.org/commons" and a Commons logo of course. Any
> >> volunteers?  ;-)
>
> Just saw that there IS already a site under
> http://myfaces.apache.org/commons/
> Cool!
> What's just missing is the menu entry on the main MyFaces page.

There is a link to commons in:

http://myfaces.apache.org/otherProjects.html

so you can reach it from home page -> others -> myfaces commons.

+1 for a separate JIRA for myfaces commons.

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.

Just saw that there IS already a site under http://myfaces.apache.org/commons/

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: JIRA: project entry needed for sandbox

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

2008/10/14 Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>:
> Any JIRA admins here?
>
> There currently is no JIRA project defined for the myfaces sandbox. It
> appears that people have simply been using TOMAHAWK to file bugs against.
> But as recent releases has used a jira report as the "release notes" this is
> causing confusion.

a Myfaces-Commons is also missing.

> Can someone please create it? The name SANDBOX is already taken, so perhaps
> "MF-SANDBOX" or similar could be used.

Myfaces-(Tomahawk-)Sandbox ?

all other has the "Myfaces-" prefix.

> Perhaps we should file a jira issue to create the new project? :-)

Regards,
    Volker

--
inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Bismarckstraße 13      | 26122 Oldenburg