Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adrian Hoe <ma...@adrianhoe.com> on 2005/07/27 16:26:12 UTC

How to revert a commit?

Hi,

How can I revert a commit? Let say I have r26 and r27. I realized
that r27 was a mistake. How can I revert back to r26?

TIA.
--
"If you missed the rising sun and the morning dew, don't miss the
beautiful sunset." -- Adrian Hoe inspired by Michal Nowak, June 15 2004

RE: How to revert a commit?

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be>.
Because Revision 1 indicates the state of the repository after your first
commit. If
you want to include that first commit in the repo-dump, you have to start
from the
state of the repository before the first commit, ie. r0 .

A commit brings the repository from state x ( rx ) to state x+1 ( rx+1 ). So
the number
you get at the end of the commit indicates the state your repository was
brought to
after the commit.

regards,

Lieven.

   _____

Posted by Adrian Hoe <ma...@adrianhoe.com>.

Re: How to revert a commit?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Adrian Hoe wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:
>

>> svnadmin dump -r0:26 old-repo | svnadmin load --force-uuid new-repo
>

> Can I, say, rename my-repo to old-repo by using "mv"?

Yes.

> Do I have to "svnadmin create new-repo" before issuing the above command?

Of course.

-- Brane

Re: How to revert a commit?

Posted by Adrian Hoe <ma...@adrianhoe.com>.
On Jul 28, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:

> svnadmin dump -r0:26 old-repo | svnadmin load --force-uuid new-repo

Can I, say, rename my-repo to old-repo by using "mv"? Do I have to

Re: How to revert a commit?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Re: How to revert a commit?

Posted by Adrian Hoe <ma...@adrianhoe.com>.