Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Allen, Tracy" <ta...@harris.com> on 2002/04/10 18:09:21 UTC

MAC OS X and XSLT Working Draft Namespace

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on upgrading MAC OS X and
XML.

I've heard that in order to run the 1999/XSL/Transform namespace (and all the
features of the XSLT), that I need to load Xerces and Xalan with the J2SE 1.3.x
or higher.

Has anyone had any experience in this area and can you share any lessons
learned/warnings with me.

If I'm speaking to the wrong mailing list, please forgive!

thanks,
Tracy

Re: MAC OS X and XSLT Working Draft Namespace

Posted by John Keyes <jo...@capeclear.com>.
Hi Tracy,

I'm not sure what you mean by upgrading.  Are you asking what
version of Java is required for Xerces and Xalan?

I currently use Xerces 2.0.1 and Xalan 2.3.1 on OS X.

%> java -version
java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.1-root-020219-20:07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1, mixed mode)

-John K

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 17:09, Allen, Tracy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on upgrading MAC OS X and
> XML.
>
> I've heard that in order to run the 1999/XSL/Transform namespace (and all the
> features of the XSLT), that I need to load Xerces and Xalan with the J2SE 1.3.x
> or higher.
>
> Has anyone had any experience in this area and can you share any lessons
> learned/warnings with me.
>
> If I'm speaking to the wrong mailing list, please forgive!
>
> thanks,
> Tracy

NEW CapeStudio 3, out now
Design, develop, integrate & deploy Web Services
http://www.capeclear.com/download