Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Dobrzanski-Neumann, Miroslaw" <MN...@ameris.de> on 2008/01/24 07:00:24 UTC

svn:external request

Hi,

*	is there a possibility to specify in svn:external "the same
host".
	That is: connect to the same host as the parent. What about '.'
(dot) for the same host?
	for example: dira -r1234 svn://./path
	The repositories I'm working with appear to come from different
sites depending on the access point.
	You get into this problem if you access your repository from
both the secure network and via putty with tunnelling
*	Is there a possibility for external resolution on the server and
not on the client. This addresses the previous problem too.

Best regards

Miroslaw

Re: svn:external request

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 24, 2008 2:00 AM, Dobrzanski-Neumann, Miroslaw
<MN...@ameris.de> wrote:

> is there a possibility to specify in svn:external "the same host".
>  That is: connect to the same host as the parent. What about '.' (dot) for
> the same host?
>  for example: dira –r1234 svn://./path
>  The repositories I'm working with appear to come from different sites
> depending on the access point.
>  You get into this problem if you access your repository from both the
> secure network and via putty with tunnelling
> Is there a possibility for external resolution on the server and not on the
> client. This addresses the previous problem too.

This is one of the features coming in the next release:

http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html#relative-externals

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard