Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2012/03/08 16:44:25 UTC

[Math] Problem with deploying the web site

Hi.

Still reading "UsingNexus".  This command does not work here:

  $ mvn site:deploy

This one had been successful (for "staging"):

  $ mvn site:stage-deploy \
     -DstagingDirectory=src/site \
     -DstagingSiteURL=scp://erans@people.apache.org:/www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3

Help appreciated.

Thanks,
Gilles

P.S. Rather than using maven again, isn't there a more direct method, since
     the web site is already available in the directory
        /www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3
     on the "people.apache.org" server, e.g. "rsync" with the live site?

Re: [Math] Problem with deploying the web site

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hello.

> mvn site:deploy worked each time I used it, the only thing I had to do
> was modify ~/.m2/settings.xml, sections <servers></servers>
>     <server>
>       <id>people.apache.org</id>
>       <username>celestin</username>
>     </server>

That was it. Again, the instructions are missing some bits that look like
magic when one doesn't know maven.

> I'm not sure that will help, because I guess you had to do these
> settings anyway in order to go through all the other stages of
> releasing...
> Sorry I'm not very helpful, good luck

You were.

Gilles

Re: [Math] Problem with deploying the web site

Re: [Math] Problem with deploying the web site

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:50:38AM -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> I usually do (like I just did for Commons Build Plugin):
>
> mvn site
> mvn site:deploy
>
> What error do you get?

Solved. It was due to a missing section in "settings.xml" (see other post).

Gilles

Re: [Math] Problem with deploying the web site

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I usually do (like I just did for Commons Build Plugin):

mvn site
mvn site:deploy

What error do you get?

Gary