Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by bmajsak <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 12:36:10 UTC

Re: Extval ClassCastException when displaying entities

Have you managed to find the solution? I'm using ExtVal 2.0.5 with CODI 1.0.5
on WAS 8.0.0.2 and suddenly this problem appeared.  As described in the
original message - it works nice after server restart but every redeployment
is causing this error.

Posted by bmajsak <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerhard,

thanks a lot for follow up. Somehow this problem disappeared, and here's
what I did:
- changed slf4j version from 1.6.x to 1.5.11 which is shipped with IBM

and the problem simply vanished. I'm still not convinced if that was really
a fix or something magically happened in the meantime but what I have
noticed before is that due to slf4j binding issues sometimes bean validation
support in myfaces was turned off (even though extval was included in WAR
file).

Somehow I can redeploy the app now without ClassCastException. However I
will let you know if this stuff re-appear.

Cheers,
Bartosz

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

that might happen due to the missing shared-lib-support.
(it wasn't done so far because there are also other basic issues related to