Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org> on 2015/01/22 21:55:13 UTC

Samza has graduated!

Hey all,

The Apache board has unanimously passed the resolution to establish Apache
Samza as a top level project. We've graduated!

Jakob has opened this umbrella ticket to handle the graduation work that
needs to be done:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-517

We're currently working with the Apache press people, and are hoping to get
some press release stuff sent out early next week.

Other than that, most everything should remain the same. Thanks to
everybody who's contributed to the project, and thanks to everyone who's
using it. This has been a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to what's to
come.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Congrats!

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com>.
Excellent!  Great job, guys1

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Michael Rose <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Nicely done everyone! Really excited to have been a part of this. :-)

-Jay

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Shekar Tippur <ct...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic news.

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Yan Fang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by sriram <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Ben Kirwin <be...@kirw.in>.
Congratulations to the Samza team! Great to see this project grow.

--
Ben Kirwin
http://ben.kirw.in/

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Zhao Weinan <zh...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!
Thanks to your works!

Re: Samza has graduated!

Posted by Chinmay Soman <ch...@gmail.com>.
This is awesome ! Great job everyone - especially Chris !  Tireless efforts
paid off :)

--
Thanks and regards

Chinmay Soman