Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/28 14:55:53 UTC

formatting ssn

Hi all,
I was using tacos formatter for ssn field in the following manner.

jwcid="ssnField"  formatter="formatter:mask,format=###-##-####"/></td>

Now we have migrated from tapestry 4.0.2 to  4.1.5
we were using tacos 4.0 with the previous version and now in tapestry
4.1we have deleted tacos and formatter is not working.

Is there any other way to do the same?
Please help me out with this...

Thanks in advance..

Re: formatting ssn

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
I think it'll be quite trivial to do a straight port of this from the old code
I'll report back if/when this happens inside
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos4.1/

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 3:55 PM, kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>  I was using tacos formatter for ssn field in the following manner.

>  jwcid="ssnField"  formatter="formatter:mask,format=###-##-####"/></td>
>
>  Now we have migrated from tapestry 4.0.2 to  4.1.5
>  we were using tacos 4.0 with the previous version and now in tapestry
>  4.1we have deleted tacos and formatter is not working.
>
>  Is there any other way to do the same?
>  Please help me out with this...
>
>  Thanks in advance..
>  --

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: formatting ssn

Posted by kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi..

I found a way to format ssn field using MaskEdit of contib library..
so..
<input type="text"  name="ssn"   value="ognl:ssn"
jwcid="ssn@contrib:MaskEdit" mask="literal:###-##-####" />
works fine..
But how to make it a required field and how shall i customise the field..
Cos other fields are different from this..
This looks odd..

Thanks in advance