Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com> on 2017/10/12 16:03:33 UTC

Question on JIRA tickets and Git Commits

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I’m a new committer and wanted to ask a couple of questions before I started adding some fixes and enhancements to the camel-mllp component.

1)  Should I create a JIRA for each enhancement/fix?  Or should I create one JIRA for all of them (I think there are 10 to 15  unique fixes/enhancements)

2) Kinda follows on to question number one - if I can create a single JIRA, can I make a separate commit for each fix/enhancement?  Or am I only supposed to have one commit per JIRA?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Re: Question on JIRA tickets and Git Commits

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its fine with 1 JIRA as its in the same component and its about
improving stuff. Its more if its a mix of bug fix and new stuff, then
its good to have more separated as you can then easier backport a bug
fix if its different JIRA tickets and commits.

You can always from a JIRA create sub-tasks if you feel like it
benefits you or the community.

--
Claus Ibsen