Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 11:30:06 UTC

RAT Maven doc issue

The page
http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/rat-mojo.html

says of the <licenses> tag:

"Specifies the licenses to accept. By default, these are added to the
default licenses, unless you set addDefaultLicenseMatchers to true."

This should surely say " ... unless you set addDefaultLicenseMatchers to false."

Agreed?

Re: RAT Maven doc issue

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Have fixed the bug in SVN and on the website.

Unfortunately the change from true to false is buried in the EOL
changes that were applied for me.

Re: RAT Maven doc issue

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
According to my experience [1] licenses added using <licenses> tag allows
to recognize licences, but it not added to allowed after recognition.
Adding <licenseFamilies> completely replaces the list of allowed licenses
(not adds)

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/creadur-dev/201409.mbox/%3CCAJmbs8i8fEXTKA%3DbcNX0cuperrxb3oYO6Y%3D--Q5ngDw06UdcaQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

--