Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/12/05 20:50:07 UTC

Re: [general] lang scope?

On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 06:35 PM, Tom Drake wrote:

> It sounds like I've jumped into a bit of a hornets nest.

this is actually pretty tame :)

but it's too late to jump of the frying pan...

> I was thinking this morning that such a move will run a high risk of
> creating a circular dependancy between [collections] and [lang][functor].
> It
> seems likely that functors would want to use collection objects and
> vice-versa. If I'm right about this, then all this code really belongs
> under
> the same package.

(i don't have a deep understanding of the issues so this might be
completely left field.)

i suppose that it's the implementations rather than the interfaces that
will depend on collection objects.

this might point towards having a separate (possibly revamped) pattern
component. the interfaces might live in lang and the implementations in
pattern. pattern could depend on collection whereas collection could
depend on lang.

- robert

Re: [general] lang scope?

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 06:35 PM, Tom Drake wrote:
>
> > It sounds like I've jumped into a bit of a hornets nest.
>
> this is actually pretty tame :)

+1. We need to spice it up.

> i suppose that it's the implementations rather than the interfaces that
> will depend on collection objects.
>
> this might point towards having a separate (possibly revamped) pattern
> component. the interfaces might live in lang and the implementations in
> pattern. pattern could depend on collection whereas collection could
> depend on lang.

I'm over here in the corner making sick noises. The
maintanance/release-management of such a thing scares me.

Hen