Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by - <co...@ymail.com> on 2013/10/25 21:35:40 UTC

How / when does On-disk merge work?

Hi All,

Can anyone provide documentation regarding how on-disk merge on reduce phase works in detail in Hadoop 2.2.0?
There is an explanation in this page but I am afraid it could be outdated since what I observe in my log files is a bunch of "OnDiskMerger - Thread to merge on-disk map-outputs" work at the end of merge phase.

Thanks,
-

Re: How / when does On-disk merge work?