Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by vicky axis <ax...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/27 07:18:02 UTC

[AXIS2] Service specific modules/handlers!

Hello everyone..
Just a minor doubt..

I came across the term "service-specific handlers".

Is it just a way of referring to the <module ref> tags that can be present in service.xml or we can actually put the handlers in the service archive.

If the latter case is correct, then where and how do we specify the phase to which the handler belongs??
Whats the directory structure??

Thanks for the reply in advance...
Will be a great help in underatanding the fine-prints of axis2!

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

Re: [AXIS2] Service specific modules/handlers!

Posted by vicky axis <ax...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the reply.. does clear the clouds!

Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:Hi Vicky,
Service specific handlers is an old concept and definitely not the recommended practice. However it's kept as a deprecated feature and I'll explain to you how it works.

You can put a handler in the services.xml refering to the fuly qualified class name of the handler. This handler can be included along with the service classes  (or theoretically even in the libs, when packed into a jar). The handler entry in the services.xml should have the necessary parameters filled such as the phase attributes. Once the service is deployed, the handler(s) mentioned in the services.xml will be deployed at the mentioned phases.
This is however slightly cofusing since deploying services deploys handlers as well. So the recommended way is to make a module with the necessary handlers and the capability to add handlers in services will be completely removed in the next release.

Hope that answers your doubt :D

On 9/27/05, vicky axis <ax...@yahoo.com> wrote:Hello everyone..
Just a minor doubt..

I came across the term "service-specific handlers".

Is it just a way of referring to the <module ref> tags that can be present in service.xml or we can actually put the handlers in the service archive.

If the latter case is correct, then where and how do we specify the phase to which the handler belongs??
Whats the directory structure??

Thanks for the reply in advance...
Will be a great help in underatanding the fine-prints of axis2!

Yahoo! for Good

Ajith Ranabahu

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vicky,