Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vladimir Kovalyuk <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/25 10:37:33 UTC

how do you implement OpenEntityManagerInView for JEE applications?

I came to Wicket from JSF where I used Seam for managing persistence
contexts.
Actually the latest stable version of Seam is incompatible with Wicket 1.4,
and I realized that the project uses just three things from Seam. One of the
critical things is Seam-managed persistence context. When you don't use Seam
long-running conversations it just degrades to something like Open Session
in View.

What solution do you use for JEE applications? AFAIK there are several
projects that use JPA in contextless form. But it does not work so simply
with JNDI and JTA in JEE container.

Re: how do you implement OpenEntityManagerInView for JEE applications?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
two solutions come to mind:

1. openEMinViewFilter (see Spring source for such an implementation)
2. custom requestcycle that does this for you (search the list, the
wiki, or see Wicket in Action chapter 13)

Martijn

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Vladimir Kovalyuk<ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I came to Wicket from JSF where I used Seam for managing persistence
> contexts.
> Actually the latest stable version of Seam is incompatible with Wicket 1.4,
> and I realized that the project uses just three things from Seam. One of the
> critical things is Seam-managed persistence context. When you don't use Seam
> long-running conversations it just degrades to something like Open Session
> in View.
>
> What solution do you use for JEE applications? AFAIK there are several
> projects that use JPA in contextless form. But it does not work so simply
> with JNDI and JTA in JEE container.

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released