Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 09:20:10 UTC

Trunk code - Build fails

Hi,

I now checked out the code from trunk and I followed the steps in:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Build+and+Run+Roller+5+in+Eclipse

When building I get the following errors:

Build errors for roller-planet-business;
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2:run
(gen-db-scripts) on project roller-planet-business: Execution
gen-db-scripts of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2:run failed: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
org.apache.roller:test-utils:jar:5.0.0-RC4 in central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Build errors for roller-weblogger-business;
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:buildnumber-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-3:create
(default) on project roller-weblogger-business: Cannot get the
revision information from the scm repository : Error!

Build errors for roller-weblogger-web;
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2:run
(startdb) on project roller-weblogger-web: Execution startdb of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2:run failed: Plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not
be resolved: org.apache.roller:test-utils:jar:5.0.0-RC4,
org.apache.roller:roller-core:jar:5.0.0-RC4: Failure to find
org.apache.roller:test-utils:jar:5.0.0-RC4 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
central has elapsed or updates are forced

Build errors for roller-weblogger-webapp;
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2:run
(startdb) on project roller-weblogger-webapp: Execution startdb of
goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2:run failed:
Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.2 or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find
org.apache.roller:test-utils:jar:5.0.0-RC4 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
central has elapsed or updates are forced

I am using: eclipse-jee-helios-SR1-win32, jdk-6u23-windows-i586.exe
and installed Subeclipse and "Maven Integration for
Eclipse"(m2eclipse) from Eclipse Marketspace.

/Susanne

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Thank you for all your help.

I did: mvn clean install

And I received: "There are testa failures"

So I did instead: mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

Then I got "Build Successful"  :)

But then a made;   ¨
   cd weblogger-war-assembly
   mvn -Dtomcat=true install
   cd ..

   cd weblogger-assembly
   mvn -Dtomcat=true install
   cd ..

And the .war-file in roller-weblogger-5.0.0-RC4-for-tomcat.zip is
almost empty (Only a MANIFEST file)

I want to deploy it on tomcat

/Susanne

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by shelan Perera <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Shelan Perera

Home: http://www.shelan.org
Blog   : http://www.shelanlk.com
Twitter: shelan
skype  :shelan.perera
gtalk   :shelanrc

 I am the master of my fate:
 I am the captain of my soul.
         *invictus*

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.
It works now... :)

Thank you!

Do you know when the war-assembly will be fixed?
And do you have a release date for the 5.0 releas?

/Susanne

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Iam sorry - but when I do:

svn up   -> At revision 1070930

Then:
mvn clean  -> Build Successfull

Then:
mvn install -> Build Failure. There are Test failures.

/Susanne

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I checked out trunk again but I still get the same errors.

/Susanne

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Susanne,

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Three points:

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by David Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by shelan Perera <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Susanne,

--
Shelan Perera

Home: http://www.shelan.org
Blog   : http://www.shelanlk.com
Twitter: shelan
skype  :shelan.perera
gtalk   :shelanrc

 I am the master of my fate:
 I am the captain of my soul.
         *invictus*

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got these errors when eclipse auto-built. This happened after I
> imported the maven projects.
>
> I now ran maven clean and then maven install and I got
> "javac is not an internal command"    (How can I fix this in eclipse?
> I dont want to change the env. variable path)
>
> I then set the global env variable PATH to %PATH%;.....jdk/bin
>
> Then maven clean -> maven install again

Good. I think that explains most of the build problems.

> Now I get that "svn is not an internal command"
>
> If I open cmd and run svn --version I get "svn is not an internal command"
> Shouldnt it be enough to have installed subversion?

I don't think its enough, unfortunately. Subclipse probably uses an
internal Subversion client, so it is happy. Maven doesn't see any
Subversion client installed, so it is unhappy.

- Dave

Re: Trunk code - Build fails

Posted by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,