Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Newland <ch...@emorphia.com> on 2001/09/05 18:25:44 UTC

default values allowed in database action descriptor

Hi All,

Would anyone else find it useful to be able to specify default column values
in the XML descriptor file for the database actions?

Problem: Forms with checkboxes.

When Internet Exploiter submits a form with an unchecked checkbox it doesn't
do something sensible like ?param=no or ?param=off it simply omits the
parameter from the request parameter set.

This is causing me a problem when the database action tries to add the value
of the checkbox to a non-nullable database column as I get an SQLException.

If I could specify a default value for each field in the descriptor file
then when the parameters are processed and null is encounted, the default
value could be substituted.

Sensible?

I'll make this change and submit a diff.

Regards,

Chris

--
Chris Newland
Software Research Engineer

Emorphia Ltd
Registered in England.  4133002
Mill House, Station Approach, Harlow Mill, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2EL, UK

Email: chris.newland@emorphia.com
Tel: +44 (0)1279 450100
Fax: +44 (0)1279 450102

Check out FIPA-OS at http://fipa-os.sourceforge.net/

This message may contain information proprietary to Emorphia so any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of its contents is strictly
prohibited.