Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2015/11/09 11:02:41 UTC

Roadmap for maven bundle plugin?

I recently looked into the bnd-maven-plugin from paremus. It features a
better maven lifecycle integration than the felix one.
So for example you do not need the packaging "bundle" anymore which is a
big obstacle for some projects.
It also will probably be part of the maven support for bdntools.

So I wonder what the plans for the felix maven plugin are. Will we
follow that path and also provide a similar version?
Should we at some point recommend to users to switch?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Roadmap for maven bundle plugin?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Is there an Embed-Dependency analog?

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

it sounds promising, but maybe a bit early to have a strong opinion.

 From a technology standpoint, it's good to converge.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Roadmap for maven bundle plugin?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Is this the one that is 'owned' by the bndlib people, or are there
more than one?

The 'bnd' mailing list told me that it had less capability than the
maven-bundle-plugin, so that would be a reason not to retire.

I'll take on the lifecycle, but I'll make it a plugin that requires
maven 3, first. That would raise an interesting version # question.