Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by djames <dj...@supinfo.com> on 2007/08/06 11:40:35 UTC

manually Rank result

Hello,

I need to now if it's possible to return in the first page of result some
page that fit perfectly a reseach.
For exemple il the research is "mercedes" can i put manually
www.mercedes.com as the first result and then for the next one let nutch
choose???

Thanks for your response

Re: manually Rank result

Posted by djames <dj...@supinfo.com>.
Ok thanks a lot for your help, you save my work!!!
I'm setting up the patch for multi index search in nutch (NUTCH-480)
But i don't know how to create a nutch index and how to make nutch search in
a field like url or keyword...

Re: manually Rank result

Posted by "J. Delgado" <jd...@lendingclub.com>.
James,

The features your are looking for is called suggested links, which is a
separate list of links that follow a matching rule such as

REGEX match -> URL

This is the technique used in serving ads or special links based on a
pattern.

If you are just interested in exact matches having another Nutch/Lucene
index with the following fields, one line per document:

Keywords  URL

car , auto, automobile         ferrari.com
car ,  auto, automibile         mercedesbenz.com

And show the results of the search separately than the general keyword
search that goes against the content.

Re: manually Rank result

Posted by djames <dj...@supinfo.com>.

Re: manually Rank result

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
If you mean if it matches exactly the url then the best thing would just
be too double the url boost.  Other options are to have and query
multiple indexes or to have fields that are for exact matching with high
boosts.

Dennis Kubes