Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Eric Seifert <es...@waca.com> on 2004/05/23 17:40:30 UTC

Need help with remoting

I have been trying to create a client application to capture the remoting
log events but haven't been able to. I looked at the sample remoting
application that came with log4net but the way I need to do the logging is
different than how the sample is setup.
I have mutiple web services that I am writing and am creating a logging
repository to log all trace messages and errors to a single location. I
would like to use remoting to do this since it allows me to do some
filtering and real-time viewing of messages on the client end. Can someone
point me to a sample that is more real world than the one provided in the
samples directory of log4net or at least explain how I need to setup the
client sink to receive the messages. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric