Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <Pa...@lawlex.com.au> on 2003/07/04 00:33:21 UTC

[OT] Mail (was RE: Buying the manual from switzerland)

It sometimes takes nearly a week for a small piece of mail (i.e a letter) to
get from Sydney to Melbourne (comparable from LA->San Fran).  I also had a
DHL package tracked via the web that spent more time in Sydney than it did
travelling from Amazon in Seattle through to Sydney PLUS the time taken to
move from Sydney to my office in Melbourne.

What is even more amazing is that tracking a FedEx parcal via the web I saw
between 1 minute page refreshes my package status changed from "In Transit"
to "Signed for by XXXX", 15 seconds before our receptionist rang to say I
had a package at the front desk.

Paul Smith