Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/12 16:08:40 UTC

All processors stopped on startup

I upgraded a nifi 1.1.1 cluster to 1.2.0, and I'm now finding that all
processors are stopped on startup.  However, the flow.xml.gz on disk
appears to have the correct scheduledState values.  I'm afraid to touch the
flow in the UI, lest it save all 500 of my processors as stopped.

Is there anything new in 1.2.0 that would cause this?

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: All processors stopped on startup

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.
So, this may be related to how the cluster propagates the flow.xml.gz.  I
noticed that when I cleared every bit of state that I know about from NiFi
and then put my original flow.xml.gz in the conf directory of "node 1" and
deleted it from nodes 2-4, it came up with the processors correctly
started.  However, the flow.xml.gz file on "node 1" has almost 500
instances of the word "RUNNING" in it, while the flow.xml.gz file on nodes
2-4 have only 10 instances of the word "RUNNING".  Even when I make updates
on nodes 2-4 via UI and it updates the flow.xml.gz file on disk, it still
says "STOPPED" for almost everything on nodes 2-4 but "RUNNING" for almost
everything on node 1.

Posted by Tim Reardon <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.