Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Friedrich <ft...@frontwire.com> on 2001/04/02 12:44:54 UTC

Syntax of jdbc:mysql mysql connection.

Greetings all!

I am trying to connect to a mysql database via the following :

<esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://test.domain.org/cocoontest</esql:dburl>

Do I need to specify the port as well? Also I gather the last section, cocoontest,
would be the database name. Is this correct? As it stands for now it gives me the
following when I try and access the page making the queries :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error opening connection to dburl: jdbc:mysql://test.domain.org/cocoontest
at _usr._local._jakarta_tomcat_3_2_1._webapps._cocoon._t.populateDocument(_t.java:174)

If you need more info please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Cheers, Friedrich.

Re: Syntax of jdbc:mysql mysql connection.

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Friedrich wrote:

> password combination. I there any other way of specifying a username and passowrd?

Yes, if you are using the auth taglib:

<esql:username><auth:var name="auth:username"/></esql:username>
<esql:password><auth:var name="auth:password"/></esql:password>

The values for auth:username and auth:password can come from a previous
HTML form, where you typed them in.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Syntax of jdbc:mysql mysql connection.

Posted by Friedrich <ft...@frontwire.com>.
Thanks for your prompt answer,

Here is the relevent section of the xml file, if you need more please let me know :

<esql:connection>
<esql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</esql:driver>
<esql:dburl>jdbc:mysql://test.example.org/cocoontest</esql:dburl>
<esql:username>testuser</esql:username>
<esql:password>password</esql:password>

I assume that esql gets loaded (or found for that matter) and that the problem is just
connecting with the database. I can connect to it normally with the same username and
password that I specify in the xml file. It looks like esql handles the username
password combination. I there any other way of specifying a username and passowrd?

Thanks, Freidrich