Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/02 18:48:10 UTC

Re: Release managers

Many thanks Haisheng and Danny for stepping up! I added you to the list.
There are two spots left, if nobody else comes up I will take one of them!

Release Target date Release manager
======= =========== ===============
1.19    2019-03    Kevin
1.20    2019-06    Michael
1.21    2019-09    Stamatis
======= =========== ===============
1.22    2019-12    Andrei
1.23    2020-02    Haisheng
1.24    2020-04
1.25    2020-06    Danny
1.26    2020-08

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I was mistaken in saying that only a PMC can sign a release. Any
committer may be a release manager, and sign the release.

In http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#release_manager:

  "Any committer may serve as the manager of a release"

Julian

Re: Release managers

Re: Release managers

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
AFAIK in all of the apache projects I am contributing to as committer every
committer can sign the artifacts and be release manager, the PMC has just
to VOTE or do some Apache reporter stuff or other bureaucratic stuff.

Is there any particular rule here in Calcite project?

If it is not the case I suggest to open the ability of signing artifacts to
any committer that has a GPG key valid and part of the Apache Web of Trust

Just my two sents
Enrico

Re: Release managers

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks, Julian.

+1 for Avatica release-train.

Best,
Chunwei

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Sure, take 1.24.

Re: Release managers

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release managers

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Re: Release managers

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I volunteer to do 1.24.

Re: Release managers

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
Actually, if Danny doesn't mind, I'll take 1.25 and he can take 1.26.
--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org