Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Derek Conniffe <de...@rivertower.ie> on 2001/12/13 11:45:00 UTC

No Children starting

Hi all,

For some reason on my system (solaris x86 8 (5.8) with dual processors) will
not start child httpd processes.  If I start, say, 10 httpd children in the
beginning (with the StartServers directive) no more will ever start after
this & if all children are in use serving clients then no more clients will
get www pages.  No errors are output to the error log.

I've tried removing all shared modules (where I configure and compile without
shared core or shared modules) but this does'nt seem to make any difference.

I'm using apache 1.3.22 but I also have this problem with apache 1.3.20

Any ideas?

Thanks

Derek