Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "matthew c. mead" <m-...@goof.com> on 2005/02/09 19:01:34 UTC

Tapestry without publicly accessible HTML templates?

First, apologies if this has been asked and answered - I've tried google
searches as well as mailing list archive searches, but google has turned
up nothing and the mailing list archive software is experiencing problems.

I'm considering building a small application using Tapestry as a way of
introducing myself to it.

One thing I cannot get past: the application has its own static html
content as well as the normal dynamic content I intend to build with
tapestry.

I'm not a fan of someone being able to request the HTML templates by
using URLs directly to them (http://host/tapestryapp/Home.html), so I'd
like to lock down *.html using a security-constraint, which prevents me
from making normal html files for truly static content.  I suppose an
alternative is to list a url-pattern for each HTML template in
existence, but this seems to contradict the simplicity principle behind
Tapestry and lead to maintenance issues.  I could convert static content
to jsp files and leave them non-constrained.

However, all this go-round leads me to believe I'm overthinking the
problem.  Is there a simple way to do this?  My preference would be that
Tapestry just pulled the templates from WEB-INF/HtmlTemplates or something.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-matt

--
matthew c. mead

http://www.goof.com/

Re: Tapestry without publicly accessible HTML templates?

Posted by "matthew c. mead" <m-...@goof.com>.
Sorry for the self-response.  I just tried moving the .html files for
the example applications into the WEB-INF directory and bouncing the
webapps - things appear to work normally after doing so.

Thanks again for your help!

-matt

Posted by "matthew c. mead" <m-...@goof.com>.

Posted by John Gordon <jo...@gmail.com>.