Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "David G. Powers" <je...@pssp.com> on 2002/03/24 04:55:31 UTC

Jetspeed release schedule - ?

I am curious about the release schedule of Jetspeed.  Is there an
established timetable?

There have been many bug fixes and a couple of new features since the
latest release - 1.3a2.  I'd sure like to see a new "stable" release.

Does anyone share my sentiments?

--
David G. Powers
PowerSource

RE: Jetspeed release schedule - ?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Well I disagree.
We are in the middle of adding some much needed features such as portlet
instance ids and proper state manager.
I will be making additional features to the registry and psml over the
next week.
We also have quite a few bugs in Bugzilla. All the bugs should be fixed
before the next release, esp. the problems with the customizer and
Tomcat 4.03/JDK 1.4.

Other refactoring work over the next week:
- PortletConfig
- PersistenceManager

Some missing features that should go in, off the top of my head:

- full support for non-default PSML pages
	- customize those pages - needs to be a list of customizable
PSML pages
	- admin should be able to customize anon page

- A Portlet StateManager based on PEIDs (there's an upcoming proposal on
this...)
	- Framework or guidelines for handling form post parameters with
portlets

Please feel free to add to this list...

I think we can do without a new security model for the next release. Its
just too much work and very hard to find agreement.

IMO  the next release should be beta, roughly in one month or so

Posted by Todd Kuebler <tk...@cisco.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Im going to be working on several new features over the next month or
so.
I'd like to see a beta go out next, contingent on us fixing all the bugs
in bugzilla.