Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mahmood N <nt...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/05/05 11:53:22 UTC

where is IndexHDFS.java

Dear Apache Guys,
I am trying to run a hadoop/java command which uses a jar file called "IndexData.jar". However, I get an error and the call stack shows

        at IndexHDFS.indexData(IndexHDFS.java:92)
        at IndexHDFS.main(IndexHDFS.java:72)

So my question is which apache project use the file "IndexHDFS.java"? If you know, please let me know and save a someone's life! Regards,
Mahmood

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Mahmood N <nt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
>I don’t think this is from an Apache Project>I'm not aware of any Apache project with a class named IndexHDFS Not a good news but at least I am now confident on that. I have to ask some other third party projects that use hadoop.
Mahmood

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Mahmood N <nt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Mahmood N <nt...@yahoo.com>.

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Mahmood N <nt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Mahmood,

I'm not aware of any Apache project with a class named IndexHDFS.  I just
did a scan over my local checkouts of the code for many of the Apache
projects, and I didn't find anything.

The fact that IndexHDFS is not prefixed with a package name in the stack
trace tells me that this is unlikely to be a class from any Apache
project.  Apache projects will put their classes into packages, usually
some form of org.apache...  Instead, this is likely to be application code
that you ran using "hadoop jar", coming from either your own project or
some kind of third-party tool that you're using.

--Chris Nauroth

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Mahmood,

Re: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Mahmood N <nt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yes I understand. Indeed I am using a jar file. That error message is a call stack. The jar file name is "IndexData.jar". The command looks like
hadoop jar IndexData.jar ...orjava -jar IndexData.jar ....
 Regards,
Mahmood

 #yiv5509912175 #yiv5509912175 -- _filtered #yiv5509912175 {font-family:Helvetica;panose-1:0 11 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;} _filtered #yiv5509912175 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5509912175 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5509912175 {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}#yiv5509912175 #yiv5509912175 p.yiv5509912175MsoNormal, #yiv5509912175 li.yiv5509912175MsoNormal, #yiv5509912175 div.yiv5509912175MsoNormal {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv5509912175 a:link, #yiv5509912175 span.yiv5509912175MsoHyperlink {color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5509912175 a:visited, #yiv5509912175 span.yiv5509912175MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5509912175 span.yiv5509912175E-MailFormatvorlage17 {color:#44546A;}#yiv5509912175 .yiv5509912175MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv5509912175 {margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}#yiv5509912175 div.yiv5509912175WordSection1 {}#yiv5509912175 Hi,  I don’t think this is from an Apache Project, because Java classes should be in a package, while IndexHDFS is not part of a package.Apache Lucene/Apache Solr does not have any package-less classes.  Uwe  -----Uwe SchindlerH.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremenhttp://www.thetaphi.deeMail: uwe@thetaphi.de  From: Mahmood N [mailto:nt_mahmood@yahoo.com.INVALID]

RE: where is IndexHDFS.java

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

-----