Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Rally, Varun" <va...@fiserv.com> on 2008/04/23 07:43:16 UTC

ETL module for Servicemix.

Hello All,

I want to achieve ETL (Extract Transformation Load) functionality with
ServiceMix. Can somebody let me know any module that let us achieve this
functionality?

Regards,

Varun Rally

Re: ETL module for Servicemix.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Varun,

... or you could have a look at
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/etl.html and related page to build
something similar with the servicemix-camel component.

Gert

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Rally, Varun <va...@fiserv.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

>  I want to achieve ETL (Extract Transformation Load) functionality with
>  ServiceMix. Can somebody let me know any module that let us achieve this
>  functionality?

The best way to achieve this currently is probably using the
servicemix-bean component. The servicemix-bean component is not
designed for ETL specifically, but it allows you to write POJOs to do
anything you like and to intercept message exchanges to work with
messages. Inside of your POJOs you could extract data from a
datasource, transform it and reload it all using Java.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/