Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" <ph...@searo.be> on 2005/12/16 16:06:40 UTC

[users@httpd] New installation error ==> [emerg] (38)Function not implemented:

Hello,

I have a new server, dual xeon & 1gb ram.
Os is debian linux:
Linux deb-server 2.6.13.4 #3 SMP Wed Oct 12 10:42:37 UTC 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

My kernel is custom made and works fine, everything is working fine.
I installed everything with apt-get install, also apache.

When i start apache, i get an error in the error.log:

[Fri Dec 16 15:47:26 2005] [emerg] (38)Function not implemented:
Couldn't create accept lock

I have no idea where this is coming from!
I have other servers installed the same way and never had a problem...

Can someone help me ?
Thnx!
Phil.

Re: [users@httpd] New installation error ==> [emerg] (38)Function not implemented:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 12/16/05, Philippe Dhont  (Sea-ro) <ph...@searo.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a new server, dual xeon & 1gb ram.
> Os is debian linux:
> Linux deb-server 2.6.13.4 #3 SMP Wed Oct 12 10:42:37 UTC 2005 i686
> GNU/Linux
>
> My kernel is custom made and works fine, everything is working fine.
> I installed everything with apt-get install, also apache.
>
> When i start apache, i get an error in the error.log:
>
> [Fri Dec 16 15:47:26 2005] [emerg] (38)Function not implemented:
> Couldn't create accept lock
>
> I have no idea where this is coming from!
> I have other servers installed the same way and never had a problem...

Try playing with the AcceptMutex directive:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#acceptmutex

Joshua.