Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> on 2009/10/18 01:07:41 UTC

Minimal Nexus Anonymous Privileges

Hey,

We want to setup a Nexus proxy, which proxies to our internal Nexus
host. The proxy would be public facing so we can access it from
outside, though we want to restrict it completely.

When accessing /nexus, we don't want ANY information to be available
except a login, not even the forgot username/password option.

I tried editing the privileges for the anonymous role, but I can't
seem to save it. I would like it to ONLY have the "Login to UI"
privilege.

Is this at all possible?

Quintin Beukes

Re: Minimal Nexus Anonymous Privileges

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net> wrote:
> Never mind. I found that I am able to edit the anonymous user but not
> the role, so I just created a new role with the desired privileges and
> assigned this role to the anonymous user. Works like a charm.
>
> Great piece of software. I love the design of the web console.

Thank you.

> Was it written from scratch, or was a framework/widget library used? I
> had a look, but I don't notice either?

We use the ExtJs library and the ui is just essentially an AJAX Rest
client since all communication with the server is via REST. For that
we currently use restlet.org.

Posted by Quintin Beukes <qu...@last.za.net>.