Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Edward Bosco <eb...@prologic-inc.com> on 2006/04/10 18:18:33 UTC

RE: subversion

I'm currently using Apache 2.0.55, svn 1.3.0 and https SSL links, with
MS Active Directory / LDAP for authentication.

I've been working on establishing ACLs within a subversion working
directory. I've not had a problem with controls on users or groups on a
per-directory basis.

What I've seen using an edited dav_svn.conf and dav_svn.authz file is
that a user, not permitted access to a single file within a directory
they otherwise can see, fails on authentication. I mean that using a
command line 'svn ls ...' evokes a Username and Password prompt, and the
files the user otherwise has access to are not displayed.

I also noted that the .svn/text-base contains the initial plaintext of
all the files within a working directory. The ACLs seem very much
implemented on a per-directory structure, and I've not been able to use
access controls at a per-file basis.

Has your mileage differed on this topic?

Thanks,
Ed.