Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2000/11/21 07:51:23 UTC

idea's for pondering

one thing that might be neato is if we put the functionality of Xalan into
Velocity directly. for example, instead of XSL you would write in VTL
(velocity template language) and modify/walk the DOM that way.

i'm not quite sure how it would work or symantics or anything, but i think
that it would be beyond cool if we could make that work natively within
velocity itself. therefore, instead of writing ugly XSL, one could write in
nice clean VTL and do the same thing but with more power.

i bet that velocitymacro's would go a long way here. one could just have a
page of velocitymacro's that get processed together to perform actions on
the DOM.

-jon

--
twice of not very much is still a lot more than not very much