Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mahesh Sivarama Pillai <sr...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/22 04:47:44 UTC

Tentative Date for James 3.0 GA

Hi,

 Can someone please let me know the tentative date for James 3.0 GA ? We
have to upgrade our current 2.3.2 in production to 3.0 as 2.3.2 doesn't
support STARTTLS. Team is not recommending to deploy non GA version to
production.

Btw, is the SMTP component of James 3.0 RC stable ? Because our use cases
need only SMTP.

Thanks
Mahesh

Re: Tentative Date for James 3.0 GA

Posted by Mahesh Sivarama Pillai <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Matthieu. I got it..We have started evaluating 3.0 RC1. Will come
back if I have any questions..

Thanks
Mahesh

On 24-May-2017 3:57 PM, "Matthieu EXT_BAECHLER" <mb...@linagora.com>
wrote:

Hi Mahesh,

We'll release "when it's ready".

It's a non-answer to your question, I apologize.

ETAs are usually something harmful because people expect Quality, Features
and fixed release date, the truth is you have to pick two.

I started to talk about switching from Quality+Features to Quality+Date aka
time-based release. Not sure the community will agree but I don't want the
next version to wait for 10 years.

About SMTP : we use it on a small scale deployment and we have load-testing
to exercise it, so yes, it's pretty stable I think.

Matthieu Baechler

Posted by Matthieu EXT_BAECHLER <mb...@linagora.com>.
Hi Mahesh,