Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Brad Nation <bm...@sandia.gov> on 2003/02/13 22:40:00 UTC

Installing Subversion on OS X

I am attempting to install Subversion under OS X, 10.2.3,  I have
installed all necessary extra files and applications (I think).
However When I run make for subversion via the obj directory I keep
getting the following error;
/XXXX/XXX/.../apr-util-lexpat   No Such file or directory
Error 1
Any comments?

Sincerely,
Brad Nation
Sandia National Labs
Advanced Information and Control Systems
Org. 6517, MS 0455
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185
(505) 844-5631
bmnatio@sandia.gov

Re: Installing Subversion on OS X

Posted by Dominik Westner <li...@logicunited.com>.
Hi Brad,

I can't help you with your problem, but at least I can tell you about
my installation.
I am using neon, expat and berkley db from fink and apr and apr-util
directly from CVS and linked it into the subversion sources.

My fink installation is under /opt and my configure looks like this:

./configure --with-neon=/opt --with-expat=/opt --with-berkeley-db=/opt
--with-ssl --prefix=/usr/local

Additionally I set the following environment variables before doing
configure:

setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.2
setenv CPPFLAGS '-Os -g -pipe -I/opt/include/db4 -no-cpp-precomp
-mcpu=7450 -faltivec -funroll-loops -ffast-math'
setenv CFLAGS '-Os -g -pipe -I/opt/include/db4 -no-cpp-precomp
-mcpu=7450 -faltivec -funroll-loops -ffast-math'

The only essential part is -I/opt/include/db4

Dominik