Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew M <an...@jibeya.com> on 2004/11/18 22:09:29 UTC

How to retain the value of an input text field

Hi,
i'm having a wonderful time trying to figure out why my input boxes
cannot retain state. If I do the following:

			            <ft:widget id="fname">
			                	<fi:styling listbox-size="2" value=""
class="keyinbox"/>
			            </ft:widget>

I get the following output in the html:

<input name="fname" id="fname" value="" type="text" class="keyinbox"
size="2"><span class="forms-field-required">

which is absolutely what I want, minus the fact that I have not
specified that it should retain state. What do i now need to add to the
code for it to retain state and keep the html format intact? I have
read the documentation which shows examples for retaining state of
selections/options but not for a single input text field.

regards

Andrew

Re: How to retain the value of an input text field --- URGENT

Posted by Andrew M <an...@jibeya.com>.
Sorted.... thanks....

regards

Andrew

date calendar in cforms doent display IF inside a tab

Posted by Philipp Rech <re...@iuw.fh-darmstadt.de>.
Hello Cocooner's!

**Cocoon Version: 2.1.5.1**

i am not shure if my code is wrong or if that is a bug in CForms...
the problem is: i have a form with more then one date input fields
that display as a calendar like they should. but if the date field
is inside a tab (<fi:styling type="tabs"/>) it won't show up
when you click on it. The page looks fine just the 2nd calendar doent work.

Is that a bug or am i doing it wrong again?
How to report if it is a bug?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend...
philipp

my code:

2 date fields in one tempalte the first one is outside
the tabs and works the 2nd is inside a tab and doesnt work:

<fd:field id="dateOfBirth">
<fd:label>Date of birth: (dd/mm/yyyy) </fd:label>
<fd:datatype base="date">
<fd:convertor type="formatting">
<fd:patterns>
<fd:pattern>dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern>
</fd:patterns>
</fd:convertor>
</fd:datatype>
</fd:field>
<fd:field id="issuingDate">
<fd:label>Issuing date: (dd/mm/yyyy) </fd:label>
<fd:help></fd:help>
<fd:datatype base="date">
<fd:convertor type="formatting">
<fd:patterns>
<fd:pattern>dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern>
</fd:patterns>
</fd:convertor>
</fd:datatype>
</fd:field>
--------------------------------------
the TEMPLATE (only parts of it) :

<fi:group>
<fi:styling type="fieldset" layout="columns"/>
<fi:label>II. Personal Data: </fi:label>
<fi:items>
<ft:widget id="dateOfBirth"/>
<ft:widget id="birthplace"/>

<fi:group>
<fi:styling type="tabs"/>
<fi:label>Choose a panel: </fi:label>
<fi:state>
<ft:widget id="tab-state"/>
</fi:state>
<fi:items>

<fi:group>
<fi:label>Address</fi:label>
<fi:styling layout="columns"/>
(....)
</fi:group>
<fi:group>
<fi:label>ID Document</fi:label>
<fi:styling layout="columns"/>
<fi:items>
<!-- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -->

<ft:widget id="issuingDate"/>
(.....)

Re: How to retain the value of an input text field --- URGENT

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Andrew,

A mailing list is not a 24/7 support hotline. Stuff like "URGENT", "HELP
ME" in the subject is just *not* done and will get you more ignored than
anything else.

Furthermore if you do find a solution to your problem yourself then post
it to the list so others can benefit as well.

Posted by Andrew M <an...@jibeya.com>.
Hi,