Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com> on 2002/09/30 18:27:09 UTC

Problem with mod_jk.so

I downloaded the binary of mod_jk.so from Jakarta's downloads in
/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.0/bin/linux/i386. I am
running Apache 1.3.26 with Tomcat 4.05 on Red Hat Linux release 7.1
(Seawolf). The binary is compiled for 7.2, however. That may explain the
following error when trying to start Apache:

[root@dev bin]# ./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 208 of /usr/local/apache-new/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache-new/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: /usr/local/apache-new/libexec/mod_jk.so: undefined symbol: ap_ctx_get

Any ideas? Do I need to upgrade gcc, possibly? What do the binaries rely upon?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Ricker

--
Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com>