Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Renuka Srishti <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/17 11:39:08 UTC

Serialized Inventory issue with backorder item

Hello All,

In OFBiz, when we create an order for product with serialized inventory
with quantity more than ATP then a negative ATP Inventory Item record is
created, which is of type Non-Serialized.
It should be of type serialized .

If we resolve this issue, we need to check all scenarios related to this
process. Please let me know your thoughts. If it looks good I will open a
ticket for the same.

Thanks

Renuka Srishti

Re: Serialized Inventory issue with backorder item

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thank all for your valuable suggestion,
Here is the ticket for refactoring work OFBIZ-9475
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9475>

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Renuka, James and Deepak,

You could argue that an InventoryItem can only have a type of Serialized
when there actually *is* inventory with a serial number. In other words, if
I see a type of Serialized, I should be able to discover what the serial
numbers are.

So when there's a deficit, maybe the InventoryItem should say
Non-serialized, provided the type is set to Serialized when stock arrives.
What do you think?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773
Cheltenham Vic 3192
Australia

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: info@coherentsoftware.com.au

Re: Serialized Inventory issue with backorder item

Posted by Renuka Srishti <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much Deepak for the detailed explanation.
Thanks James for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,
Renuka Srishti

Posted by james yong <i_...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi Swapnil,

One enhancement we can do for the non-serialised dummy inventory item is to
use a different numbering sequence with a letter prefix, e.g. 'X100001', for
the Inventory Item Id. In this way, the numbering sequence for the actual
inventory item is not affected by the dummies. When the dummy inventory
items get too many, job scheduler can be setup to periodically remove the
dummies that are not associated with any OISGIR.

Regards,
James

Swapnil Shah-2 wrote

Posted by james yong <i_...@yahoo.com.sg>.