Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/10 18:22:22 UTC

Re: [commit] textPath

> Shouldn't I be part of this discussion?  I thought
> I was working on text layout.
>
> I didn't even know that this work was going on.

Of course and that's why dean has not started to implement the layout engine. I
am not really involved in the text part but I plan to try to help you to design
stuffs or just give you comments (using the ideas I had in jackaroo).

I have just talk to dean about designing an API. As we are far away from you,
it's up to you. We can do it by writting a design document (as we have done
before when the project starts) - or have a concall next week.

I think we should better do both :) Anyway, I still have things to complete for
1.0-beta - so may be we can wait until the first release to start designing the
layout engine.

Any comments?
Thierry.

--