Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Scott Palmer <sc...@2connected.org> on 2005/06/01 00:14:19 UTC

Re: svn lock url with spaces - problem?

On May 31, 2005, at 6:04 PM, Peter N. Lundblad wrote:

> On Tue, 31 May 2005, John wrote:
>

>> On my system this works:
>>
>> svn lock "file:///C:/SVNRepos/Tester/Proj1/branches/mybranch/abc.txt"
>>
>> but this doesn't:
>>
>> svn lock "file:///C:/SVNRepos/Tester/Proj1/branches/mybranch/a b
>> c.txt"
>>
>> (assuming both files exist of course).
>>
>> The latter reports:
>>
>> svn: Path '/Proj1/branches/mybranch/a%20b%20c.txt' doesn't exist
>> in HEAD revision
>>

> Fixed in r14898. Thanks for the report.

Just wondering what the policy is for where bug fixes go.  I expected
to see this in the 1.2.x branch, but I see it was only committed to
the trunk.  Do the devs have to vote on which fixes get merged into
the 1.2 maintenance branch?
The trunk is working toward 1.3, not 1.2.1, right?

Scott

Re: svn lock url with spaces - problem?

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Tue, 31 May 2005, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> Scott Palmer wrote:
>
> >> Fixed in r14898. Thanks for the report.
> >

> >  I expected
> > to see this in the 1.2.x branch, but I see it was only committed to  the
> > trunk.  Do the devs have to vote on which fixes get merged into  the 1.2
> > maintenance branch?
>
> Yes, look at the STATUS file in the 1.2.x branch.
>
> > The trunk is working toward 1.3, not 1.2.1, right?
>
> Yes, but obvious bugfixes like this are nominated for backport to the
> 1.2.X branch, which is working towards 1.2.1.
>
> Peter: would you please nominate this for 1.2.x?  And close the issue I
> opened too?  :-)

I'm planning to do this tonight. I just got an ETOOTIREDGOTOSLEEP from
some internal system call yesterday:-) The problem is that this depends
heavily on the fixes for locking switched paths, so I'll review and vote
for all of them and add this fix. It is a little messy because the URL
case was a bug in 1.2.0, but the non-URL case was a regression introduced
by the switch fixes.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: svn lock url with spaces - problem?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Scott Palmer wrote:

>> Fixed in r14898. Thanks for the report.
>

> Just wondering what the policy is for where bug fixes go.

The policy is:  new code *always* goes to trunk.  Release branches
(like 1.1.x or 1.2.x) are in 'maintenance' mode, which means they
receive backports of important bugfixes.  (Release branches never
receive new features.)   When enough bugfixes have been backported, we
do a new 1.2.x release from the branch.