Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wale12 <ch...@ontario.ca> on 2010/05/14 16:21:22 UTC

Ear Plugin Version 5 issue

I have a weird issue with a project I have.  I am using maven 2 and version
2.4.1 of the ear plugin and am using the version 5 no application.xml
options for packing the ear.

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.4.1</version>
   <configuration>
	<version>5</version>
	<generateApplicationXml>false</generateApplicationXml>
	<earSourceDirectory>.</earSourceDirectory>

<earSourceExcludes>pom.xml,pom.properties,.settings\,lib\,target\,.project</earSourceExcludes>

<finalName>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}.${BUILD_NUMBER}</finalName>
        <modules>
            :
        </modules>
	<archive>
	     <addMavenDescriptor>false</addMavenDescriptor>
             <manifestEntries>

<Implementation-Version>${PRJVERSION}</Implementation-Version>
             </manifestEntries>
         </archive>
     </configuration>
</plugin>

On one of my projects that use these option, I have several, I am finding
that I need to delete the plugin in the maven repository so that I get a
fresh download of the plugin to get it to package the ear and not complain
about not having an application xml file.  Any time I already have the
plugin in the repository and build the project it fails with the
"application.xml does not exist" error. If I go and then delete the plugin
again and built the project it builds fine.

This does not happen with other project that I have using the same options?

Any idea why this would happen?

Thanks.

Re: Ear Plugin Version 5 issue

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I don't understand. Can you create an issue and attach a project that
reproduce the problem?

Posted by Wale12 <ch...@ontario.ca>.
I changed the

Posted by Wale12 <ch...@ontario.ca>.