Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Anne Yu <an...@cloudera.com> on 2015/08/21 23:42:46 UTC

precommit build issue

Dear Sentry Devs,

Have you noticed there are many intermittent precommit build failures, if
resubmit they will go away. It keeps failing my patch tests. Wondering if
anyone of you have experience to work around it, except resubmitting the
patch.

A typical example is like,

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider/TestDbPrivilegesAtColumnScope/testSelectColumnOnTableJoin/

Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code
2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapredLocalTask

org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider.TestDbPrivilegesAtColumnScope.testSelectColumnOnTableJoin
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider/TestDbPrivilegesAtColumnScope/testSelectColumnOnTableJoin/>13
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider.TestDbPrivilegesAtTableScope.testTableViewJoin3
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider/TestDbPrivilegesAtTableScope/testTableViewJoin3/>13
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider.TestDbPrivilegesAtTableScope.testTableViewJoin4
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider/TestDbPrivilegesAtTableScope/testTableViewJoin4/>12
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider.TestDbPrivilegesAtTableScope.testTableViewJoin
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.dbprovider/TestDbPrivilegesAtTableScope/testTableViewJoin/>11
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive.TestPrivilegesAtColumnScope.testSelectColumnOnTableJoin
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive/TestPrivilegesAtColumnScope/testSelectColumnOnTableJoin/>10
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive.TestPrivilegesAtTableScope.testTableViewJoin
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive/TestPrivilegesAtTableScope/testTableViewJoin/>9.5
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive.TestPrivilegesAtTableScope.testTableViewJoin3
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive/TestPrivilegesAtTableScope/testTableViewJoin3/>9.1
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>
org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive.TestPrivilegesAtTableScope.testTableViewJoin4
<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.sentry.tests.e2e.hive/TestPrivilegesAtTableScope/testTableViewJoin4/>8.6
sec4 <https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SENTRY-Build/806/>

Anne

RE: precommit build issue

Posted by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com>.
It's great. Thank Lenni.

Regards
Dapeng

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.

RE: precommit build issue

Please feel free to enrich the Description or comments.

Regards
Dapeng

Thanks for your investigation, Could you help to file a jira to INFRA with your investigation results?

Thanks
Anne

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Sun, Dapeng <da...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Lenni & Anne
>
> I think the Unit Tests failure is not related to SENTRY-590, because I
> found failures before SENTRY-590 was committed. Like:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Sentry-jdk-1.7/493/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Sentry-jdk-1.7/490/
>

> All the failures have a common: the failed unit tests are running at
> nodes
> likes: jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-188, jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-c3e...,
> but the previous nodes for Unit Tests were Ubuntu-4, Ubuntu-6...
>
> I think we may need to open a ticket at INFRA. And I will also
> continue to investigate the issue tomorrow.
>
> Regards
> Dapeng

Anne

RE: precommit build issue

Thanks for your investigation, Could you help to file a jira to INFRA with your investigation results?

Thanks
Anne

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Sun, Dapeng <da...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Lenni & Anne
>
> I think the Unit Tests failure is not related to SENTRY-590, because I
> found failures before SENTRY-590 was committed. Like:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Sentry-jdk-1.7/493/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Sentry-jdk-1.7/490/
>

> All the failures have a common: the failed unit tests are running at
> nodes
> likes: jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-188, jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-c3e...,
> but the previous nodes for Unit Tests were Ubuntu-4, Ubuntu-6...
>
> I think we may need to open a ticket at INFRA. And I will also
> continue to investigate the issue tomorrow.
>
> Regards
> Dapeng

Anne

Re: precommit build issue

Posted by Anne Yu <an...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Dapeng,

Thanks for your investigation, Could you help to file a jira to INFRA with
your investigation results?

Thanks
Anne

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Sun, Dapeng <da...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Lenni & Anne
>
> I think the Unit Tests failure is not related to SENTRY-590, because I
> found failures before SENTRY-590 was committed. Like:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Sentry-jdk-1.7/493/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Sentry-jdk-1.7/490/
>

> All the failures have a common: the failed unit tests are running at nodes
> likes: jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-188, jenkins-ubuntu-1404-4gb-c3e..., but the
> previous nodes for Unit Tests were Ubuntu-4, Ubuntu-6...
>
> I think we may need to open a ticket at INFRA. And I will also continue to
> investigate the issue tomorrow.
>
> Regards
> Dapeng

Anne