Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/23 11:01:30 UTC

Performance improvements / Allow disabling of Managed Bean / Further step to CDI

Hi,

the last days i've tried to optimize the startup of our dev environment.
The first thing i found to optimize, is to move the annotation scanning to
CDI and also disable the JSF Managed Bean handling.
We could introduce a new flag (o.a.m.DISABLE_MANAGED_BEAN_SUPPORT) to
disable Managed Beans and we could improve our performance in 3 parts of
MyFaces.

1) Startup

I already implemented a AnnotationProvider for CDI:

Average starup time in ms (10 tries):

OWB Startup with the new scanning Extension:  3465ms
OWB Startup without the Extension:                  3422ms

MyFaces with default scanning:                         3109ms
MyFaces with CDI scanning:                             2294ms

Average Performance improvement on startup: 772ms

2) Disable PreDestroy handling on Managed beans
    See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3250

3) Skip registering of the ManagedBeanResolver

WDYT?
I would take care of it for trunk if there are no objections.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Performance improvements / Allow disabling of Managed Bean / Further step to CDI

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
created a issue for 1) and attached a patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4015