Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Pep Serrano <my...@montblanc.homeip.net> on 2004/02/02 17:31:03 UTC

Remote server and UnmarshalException

Dear all,

I am having troubles to run Jmeter on distributed boxes. I have already
checked
the mailing list achives and I have seen this a constant source of troubles.
However, after reading all your messages I haven't solved my problems.

When I run the JMeter server engine I get the following exception in the log
file:

02/02/2004 4:27:07 PM ERROR - jmeter.engine: rmiregistry needs to be
running to
start JMeter in server mode java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling
return header; nested exception is:java.net.SocketException: Connection
resetat
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:203)

Here is the config I am running:
- RedHat 9.0 on different computers (all with the same troubles)
- Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_03-b02)
- Jakarta Jmeter 1.9.1
- Interface lo 127.0.0.1 and eth0 with a private intranet ip
- /etc/hosts file is correct (localhost points to loopback and hostname
points to the eth0 ip), the way many people in the list recommended.
- just before starting rmiregistry I print $CLASSPATH:
/home/pep/jmeter/lib/ext/ApacheJMeter_core.jar:/home/pep/jmeter/lib/jorphan.jar:/home/pep/jmeter/lib/logkit-1.2.jar

Doing so... after starting jserv -s I get the error mention above.

So,  how do you do to run the JMeter in server mode please?

Regards,
Pep Serrano

Re: Remote server and UnmarshalException

Posted by Pep Serrano <my...@montblanc.homeip.net>.
Hola!

Is there any known problem with a particular JVM configuration?

This is the RPM info of my jdk package:

[pep@btg-wks137 java]$ rpm -q --info -p j2sdk-1_4_2_03-linux-i586.rpm
Name        : j2sdk                        Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.4.2_03                          Vendor: Sun Microsystems
Release     : fcs                           Build Date: Wed 19 Nov 2003
02:08:10 AM CET
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: localhost.localdomain
Group       : Development/Tools             Source RPM:
j2sdk-1.4.2_03-fcs.src.rpm
Size        : 65744430                         License: 1994-2001 Sun
Microsystems, Inc.
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Java Software <j2...@java.sun.com>
URL         : http://java.sun.com/linux
Summary     : Java(TM) 2 Software Development Kit, Standard Edition

Merci,
Pep.

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
Hi Pep,

sounds like a JVM or Sun RMI problem... which JVM are you using?

--
Salut,

Jordi.

En/na Pep Serrano ha escrit:

SOLVED Re: Remote server and UnmarshalException

Posted by Pep Serrano <my...@montblanc.homeip.net>.
Hi again,

I just replaced the Sun JDK with Blackdown's and it is working.
I have to say that the UI seems faster with Blackdown's as well.

Regards
Pep Serrano