Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Alfred Nathaniel <an...@apache.org> on 2009/03/03 00:26:51 UTC

Re: FW: Cocoon versions for Java 6

Hi Laurent,

we are using Cocoon 2.1.x still with Java 5.
But with that comment in the bug report you should just give it a spin.
If you want to be cautious, define the magic property.
If you feel more adventerous, try it without and fix the source where it
bombs.

Cheers, Alfred.

Submitted On 25-JUL-2007
Neale
I tripped over this, and thought: JDK6 has broken something.

Now that there is a documented workaround, I think that it could be considered "fixed", as we now have two options:

1) Add -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true if you want to use a library for which you don't have the source with JDK6

2) Change loader.loadClass( name ) to Class.forName( name, false, loader ) if you own the code.

If Sun are not intending to fix this to be compatible without the flag, then I think it would be great if we could have a clear statement here to close off this bug