Posted to user@struts.apache.org by kiala davy <da...@yahoo.fr> on 2011/04/20 23:07:38 UTC

Struts 2 problem in In url tag variable

Hi,

I am a newbie in Struts 2.2.1.1. So i am learning to use Struts. I am facing a
problem in the example on the following link
http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/message-resource-files.html.

The following code does not work:
 <s:url action="registerInput"var="registerInputLink"/><p>

${registerInputLink} is not considered as a variable but as a String ? It does
not contain registerInput ?

Thanks for your help

Re : Re : Struts 2 problem in In url tag variable

Posted by kiala davy <da...@yahoo.fr>.

 Here is my page register.jsp

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<h1>Welcome to Struts 2!</h1>

 <s:url action="registerInput" var="registerInputLink" />

________________________________
De : Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>
Envoyé le : Mer 20 avril 2011, 23h 34min 10s
Objet : Re: Re : Struts 2 problem in In url tag variable

Did you include the JSP taglib directive at the top of the page?
  (*Chris*)

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kiala davy <da...@yahoo.fr>.

De : Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>
Envoyé le : Mer 20 avril 2011, 23h 11min 21s
Objet : Re: Struts 2 problem in In url tag variable

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kiala davy <da...@yahoo.fr>.
Thank you. My variable is set now.

________________________________
De : Ilya Kazakevich <Il...@JetBrains.com>
Envoyé le : Mer 20 avril 2011, 23h 53min 37s

Try to put the following directive on the top of your JSP page

<%@ page isELIgnored="false" %>

Ilya Kazakevich,
Developer
JetBrains Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

De : Ilya Kazakevich <Il...@JetBrains.com>
Envoyé le : Mer 20 avril 2011, 23h 43min 13s

AFAIK EL is not enabled by default in JSP 2.0 which is used in tomcat 5.
Set ELIgnored="false" in your page attribute

Ilya Kazakevich,
Developer
JetBrains Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

De : Ilya Kazakevich <Il...@JetBrains.com>
Envoyé le : Mer 20 avril 2011, 23h 14min 30s

Hi,

registerInputLinkhere is EL variable of type java.lang.String.
It contains URL of the registerInput action

What  is output of this code? Do you have this action set in your
struts.xml?
Ilya Kazakevich,
Developer
JetBrains Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with  pleasure!"

________________________________
I am a newbie in Struts 2.2.1.1. So i am                    learning to use
Struts. I am facing a problem in the example                    on the
following
link http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/message-resource-files.html.

The following code does not work:
<s:url action="registerInput"var="registerInputLink"/><p>
<a                    href="${registerInputLink}">Please register</a>for our

prize drawing.</p>

Posted by kiala davy <da...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
You have to define the registerInputLink action in your struts.xml file.
Take a look at the complete examples that are shipped with struts.
  (*Chris*)
On Apr 20, 2011 2:39 PM, "kiala davy" <da...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. registerInputLink does not contain the
registerInput
> action. Here is my output when i click on the link.
> Struts Problem Report
> Struts has detected an unhandled exception:
> Messages: * There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name
> ${registerInputLink}.
>

> ________________________________
>
> Stacktraces
> There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name
${registerInputLink}.
> - [unknown location]

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:178)

org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.prepare(StrutsActionProxy.java:61)

org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActionProxyFactory.java:39)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:47)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:475)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:395)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

Posted by Ilya Kazakevich <Il...@JetBrains.com>.
Hi,

registerInputLink here is EL variable of type java.lang.String.
It contains URL of the registerInput action

What is output of this code? Do you have this action set in your struts.xml?

Ilya Kazakevich,
Developer
JetBrains Inc
http://www.jetbrains.com <http://www.jetbrains.com/>