Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by lohit <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/25 22:03:44 UTC

Max mappers per cluster

Hi Devs,

With YARN, is there a way to limit max number of map tasks per cluster. For
example, if we have thousands of jobs running we want to make sure there
are room for reducers and not all mappers from all job occupy resources.
Is there some config people can use to restrict or divide map/reduce. At
first I thought it could be scheduler config, but I could not find any
information about this.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: Max mappers per cluster

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Arun.
I am thinking of scenario where there is way of mappers which occupy all
resources (containers) in YARN and there is potential starvation of
reducers.
When you say reduce request have higher priority, will app master send
preempt signal to capacity scheduler to free up some containers for
reducers?

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit